ALL CAMPUS VISITORS MUST:
- Sign in (and out) at the main entrance to the school.
- Wear and properly display a yellow visitor’s badge in a visible location.
- Obtain approval from the Attendance Office before proceeding to a classroom or other campus locations.
- Go only to the location specified on the visitor’s pass.
- Sign out and return the visitor’s badge at the main entrance to the school before leaving campus.
- Remember the following guidelines:
- Enter and leave the classrooms with minimal disruption to instruction.
- Do not converse with any students.
- Do not converse with teachers or aides during instruction unless you already have an approved appointment.
- Be respectful of student activities and the operations of the offices during your visit.
- Any individual who causes a disruption or fail to follow school procedures is subject to removal from the school site and may be further restricted from visiting the school.
- Children who are not currently enrolled at the school site are not to be on the campus unless prior approval of the Principal has been obtained.
- Parents are welcome to visit their child’s classes. If you are visiting a classroom, you will receive a visitor’s permit with the administrator/designee’s approval, from the Attendance Office, before proceeding to the classroom. The observation should be kept to 20 minutes or less.
Note: The frequency of classroom visits must be reasonable and will be determined by school administration in coordination with the teacher.
- All Parent / Teacher conferences are held during the Teacher’s conference period, before, or after school. Conferences may be scheduled in the Attendance/Counseling Office.